Friday, February 18, 2011

My First Celtics Game

On Thursday I went to my first Celtics game! We sat up in the balcony in the Garden and watched the Celts battle the Nets in a tight game. The Celtics came right out of the gates taking a huge lead in the first quarter, but the Nets slowly made their comeback. By the third quarter the Celtics were losing and made an awesome come back with the help of Allen doing what he does best: hitting 3's. Wearing my foot tall, bright green styrofoam hat, I was dancing, singing, and cheering as most Boston fans do. Unfortunately, the people in front of us were just sitting there in silence and giving us dirty looks when we got loud. I don't understand why anyone would pay money to go into Boston and watch the Celtics or any other team to just sit there looking miserable. The games are supposed to be fun, and you really have to make the best of it. Despite the dirty looks we got, we had a blast, and we left knowing we had a good time. We were just glad to be the people that other fans want to be around that will make you laugh and definitely have a good time with. As for the people in front of us, I think they simply wasted their money. They could have just watched the game on TV at home in silence in stead of bringing down the people around them. Luckily, the Celtics pulled off a win for my first game and I definitely made the best of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment