Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Open Campus

I definitely think our high school should have an open campus. It's such a hassle to have to get dismissed every time you need to run home for something. If I forgot a lunch, I would just go home and eat if there was open campus. Sometimes I don't have time to eat breakfast so I just grab something little on the go. If there was open campus, I could just run to Dunks during my study or go back home and make myself something. I understand that the school faces liability if anything happens while we were gone, but I honestly don't think parents would blame the school if they had an understanding that their kids are allowed to leave. This reminds me of the whole preparing us for the real world idea. If we're locked up in the school and can't leave without the consent of a parent, we're being babied and not preparing to make our own decisions. Our high school should definitely consider having an open campus and allow the students to be more independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment