Friday, March 25, 2011

School Schedule

The past three days we have come into school at 9:00 instead of 7:30. I felt so well rested getting two more hours of sleep, especially after a day of school and hours of practice. Today we went back to the regular schedule and I had to get up at 6 instead of 8. I just fell asleep in my last class because I'm so tired from the schedule change. During MCAS, the schedule was switched around so we had classes at different times of the day. I had my first period at 1:30 instead of the usual 7:35. I actually felt awake and energized in that class for the first time. I definitely think the schedule should rotate so that it's not the same thing every day. It was refreshing to have some variety in my day and have my classes at different times. I feel as though I'd be more productive and take in more information if the schedule was different.

1 comment:

  1. Stacey - The University of Minnesota has done a great deal of research on the advantages of a later start for high school students. There is clear research as to the benefits of starting school later for high school students. The only question is why isn't it happening in more schools?

    Here is the link http://www.cehd.umn.edu/research/highlights/Sleep/default.html

    ReplyDelete